About Planet Atlanta
A City Within the City
Located between downtown Atlanta and the World’s busiest airport, we are developing Planet Atlanta: A mixed use, city within a city which will showcase our most innovative sustainable solutions to improve
our quality of life and preserve our natural resources. With quick access by MARTA Trains, we are creating an urban oasis where Atlantans can Live, Learn, Work, Play and Thrive while pursuing a greener
Part Theme Park, Part Sustainability Center of Excellence, Planet Atlanta will be the most innovative, environmentally responsible planned community on the Planet. Connected by more than 40 acres of lush Green Space and winding paths, Planet Atlanta will feature vibrant eco businesses, an organic farmers market, a first class amphitheater, contemporary neighborhood living and much more!
We’ll have exciting attractions for the whole family to enjoy with futuristic rides, and a planetarium with advanced motion effects. In our Eco Accelerator & State of the Art Sustainability Learning Center, we’ll together tackle the problems of overpopulation, global warming, the housing shortage, and the depletion of power and water. In our World Expo, we will exhibit ground breaking sustainability models from our smartest cities, biggest companies, and brightest minds.
We are embarking on an amazing journey filled with possibilities. Planet Atlanta will be a place where we can all learn, have fun, and work together to save our Earth. Our mission is to lead by living example, share our vast knowledge and make our cities self-sufficient, greener, healthier, and happier.
We hope you will join us. To learn more about our partnership opportunities, Click Here.
Planet Atlanta will have something for everyone
Our Attractions Will Include
- World Eco Expo—50 revolving, interactive sustainability exhibits from smart cities, Universities & Fortune 500 Companies. Showcasing the latest technology advances in sustainability.
- Future forward theme park rides, a planetarium with 5-D Cinema with special effects that bring movies to life.
- A LEED Certified Hotel & Conference Center, farm to table restaurants. Affordable eco neighborhood featuring smart homes and apartments, contemporary living spaces and technologies designed for sustainable living
- Organic urban farm & open-air farmers market and shops
- Acres of Green Space—fields for amateur sports, playgrounds, and a beautiful Pound to relax by, all surrounded by miles of winding paths, and dazzling floral gardens
- Galaxy Amphitheater—a world class venue featuring top performers
- State of the Art Recycling Center, green manufacturers, environmental work spaces, and solar farm
- Atlanta’s Eco Accelerator will assist startups and budding entrepreneurs with mentorship, education, and access to needed capital to grow environmentally conscious businesses
- Sustainability Research & Learning Center. Attend lectures; take accredited sustainability courses, and learn from world renowned faculty, urban planners, scientists, and engineers
Our Guidelines for Development
- Preserve natural resources and ecological systems
- Protect environmentally sensitive areas
- Capitalize on existing infrastructure
- Building and site infrastructure that conserves energy, improves air quality, and reduces water consumption
- Embraces LEED Certified Construction, Smart
- Easy Access to Transit Systems
- Proximity to Community-Oriented Services
- Support Community Health by encouraging walking, biking and other fun recreational activities